Wearsafe uses standard SMS text messaging to notify you and your Contacts of Alerts and Check-ins, and also for certain account-related tasks. To interact with the SMS system options, see Commands for the text message system.
If you are not receiving text messages, here are possible reasons and how to fix them:
- You have requested that we disable SMS to you in the past. To fix this, send "START" or a synonym to 33947 or +1 (860) 956-3962. Turning off SMS messages affects notifications from all alert senders.
- The phone number is incorrect as entered. This usually affects delivery of the mobile confirmation number during account setup or an invite sent to a new Contact. To correct this type of issue, see How do I change user information? or, during mobile confirmation screens, tap to dismiss the keyboard, then tap "change phone number" near the bottom of the screen and follow instructions.
- The phone has poor or no service, is set to airplane mode or turned off, or has cellular service disabled. This can usually be fixed by making sure the phone is on, airplane mode is turned off and cellular service is turned on, and/or moving to an area with better signal. Mobile carriers do not guarantee delivery of SMS messages, so you may need to use the re-send confirmation or re-send invite buttons. Re-sending Alerts or Check-ins is not supported.
- The phone is blocking messages from unknown senders. Add the Wearsafe service phone numbers to your Contacts. You can do this using the vCard on this page or by manually entering 33947 and +1 (860) 956-3962 in your Contacts.
- The carrier is blocking messages from certain types of senders. Make sure your carrier and service plan allow delivery of text messages from US numbers (outside the US) and shortcodes (inside the US). This type of carrier-based block is often called "spam control". You may also be able to allow delivery from specific shortcodes or foreign numbers. Your carrier can help you make sure you allow delivery from 33947 and +1 (860) 956-3962.
- The current phone plan and status does not allow SMS. This most often happens with prepaid phone plans when the total messages for the plan are used up. It can also happen if there are billing issues for your phone plan or you have selected a phone plan that does not include text messaging service.